Wednesday & Friday afternoons
Starts 27th Jan 2021
Apply Now ….
Week 1 – Loosening up.
- Session1 – Quick fun drawing exercises to warm up. Eg: wrong hand, continuous line, blind contour drawing, Haiku drawing, automatic drawing, coffee stains/ink blot drawing, oil pastel mono print drawings. A mixture of demo and doing.
- Session 2 – Mixed media imaginary creatures. A method using automatic drawing and any dry or water-based layer (using coloured pencil, aquarelle crayon, acrylic or water colour) with oil pastel on top to finish. Guided work..
Week 2 – Still life/flowers
- Session 3 – Drawing from still life and best composition tricks. Guided drawing.
- Session 4 – Painting from still life and acrylic paint techniques. Guided tuition.
Week 3 – Portraits
- Session 5 – Looking at the Loomis method and drawing from a photograph. A mixture of demo and drawing.
- Session 6 – Drawing each other, taking it in turns to pose.
Week 4 – Colour
- Session 7 – Using colour to it’s best advantage and basic colour theory. Make a painting inspired by Kandinski.
- Session 8 – Warm and cold, saturated (intense) and de-saturated (muted). Create a page of small abstract paintings.
Week 5 – Looking at the masters.
- Session 9 – Discussing and drawing from work in the National Gallery. The Renaissance period.
- Session 10 – Discussing and painting from work in the National Gallery. The Baroque period.
Week 6 – Mark-making and texture.
- Session 11 – Experimenting with different mark making tools to draw. Create a drawing inspired by Julia Mehretu.
- Session 12 – Create a painting without using a brush. Using different tools/objects from around the home. You choose your own source/subject or I can provide a suggestion.
Week 7 – Looking at 20th Century art.
- Session 13 – Draw with scissors. Make a collage work based on Matisse.
- Session 14 – Pointillism. Using dots, and small brush marks create a work inspired by Seurat.
Week 8 – Making your own picture Frame.
- Session 15 – Using carboard and pasta we will make a posh looking frame for our favourite piece of artwork – cutting, assembling, and gluing.
- Session 16 – Finish your frame with paint, using the dry brush method, and mounting your work.
Apply Now ….