Since March we have been unable to run our usual programme of workshops, open our shop or run volunteer and co-working activities. We plan to re-start some of our activities from october this year and have the following ‘System of Controls’ in place….
Traenerhus Covid-19 Checklist
We want to re-open as we know it’s really important for our students education and well-being. Also we miss everyone! In order to make sure we can do this properly we will be implementing the following measures. This is to keep everyone safe and feeling confident that you are in good hands.
- Undertake and implement risk assessments to minimise the risk of infections being transmitted during our workshops
- Minimise contact with individuals who are unwell by ensuring that those who have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, or have someone in their household who does, do not attend our setting. Anyone developing symptoms whilst on site will be asked to go home.
- Provide hand washing facilities to encourage people to clean their hands thorough;y more often than usual
- Provide tissues on-site to promote the ‘catch it, killit, bin it’ approach
- Introduce enhanced cleaning, including frequently touched surfaces often, using standard products such as detergents
- Minimise contact between individuals and maintain social distancing wherever possible.
- Tutors will maintain distance from their students, staying at the front of the room, and away from their colleagues where possible.
- Ideally, everyone will maintain a 2 metre distance from each other wherever possible, or 1 metre with additional mitigations.
- Students will be required to maintain distance and not touch tutors and their peers where possible. This will not be possible for some students with complex needs.
- We will seat students side by side and facing forwards, rather than face to face or side on we will remove any unnecessary furniture out of rooms to make more space.
- Different groups will be kept apart upon arrival and leaving the building. As such we will operate a one way system in and out.
- Consider using plastic screens between tables
- Provide better ventilation We will open windows and doors where possible to allow for the free movement of fresh air through the rooms that we use. Poorly ventialted spaces will not be used or only for short durations.
- Face Coverings Tutors will wear visors and students may use face coverings in workshops
- Due to the need for tutors to approach students, they will be required to wear a visor.
- In communal settings where it is difficult to maintain social distancing when moving around the premises, (such as in corridors), we will recommend the wearing of face coverings for everyone.
- We will support the use of face coverings where, on top of the hygiene measures and the system of controls, it would provide additional confidence to students and/ or tutors to participate.
- We will have a small supply of contingency masks for anyone who hasn’t got one for whatever reason
- No-one will be excluded on the grounds that they are not wearing a face covering.
- PPE Where necessary we will wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- We will have 1 full set of PPE available in case Emergency First Aid is required.
Measures will be taken when handling equipment. We will ensure that :
- equipment sharing is avoided if possible
- if equipment has to be shared, we will ask people to wash their hands before and after handling equipment
- We will regularly clean all equipment including shared instruments
- We will limit the handling of paperwork such as learning materials
- Test & Trace We will engage with the NHS Test and Trace process and we will ask students and tutors to inform us immediately of the results of any test.
- Manage confirmed cases of coronavirus amongst the education setting community
- Contain any outbreak by following local health protection team advice
If you wish to see our Covid-19 Policy & Procedure please ask for a copy via our email email@example.com